School Ethos, Aims and Values
Our Ethos Statement -
‘Hand in hand together we will become resilient, respectful and responsible citizens of our community and the wider world.’
From this we have built:
Our School Aims and Values
• To provide an open, secure and welcoming Christian environment for each pupil. This is expressed through daily worship which acknowledges the presence of God in our lives.
• To further develop and value the partnership that exists between school and the local churches, in particular, through sharing weekly worship and to encourage an appreciation of the Christian faith and a familiarity with the local Christian heritage.
• To care for each pupils’ safety, happiness and well-being.
• To value our pupils as individuals, developing their ability to take responsibility for themselves and their actions, promoting confidence and self-esteem, and respect for others and their environment.
• To equip our pupils with the knowledge to make informed choices about having a safe and healthy lifestyle.
• To offer opportunities for our pupils to become involved in the daily life of the school and to prepare them to play an active role as citizens locally and in the wider world.
• To provide a learning environment, which is challenging and stimulating yet ordered and disciplined.
• To provide a broad and balanced curriculum, setting realistic targets for each pupil.
• To extend and reinforce our pupils learning, making expectations clear, and raising achievement levels.
• To develop and maintain a mutually supportive partnership between home and school.
Our ethos and aims, were developed with the whole school community and we hope, will enable every child to reach his or her full potential. It is believed that they will build a firm foundation for your child’s future education and prepare him or her for a role in our ever-changing society.
From September 2017 we took this further and have carefully developed our curriculum to reflect our aims and to provide all children with an enjoyable curriculum which enables our aims to be achieved. We regularly review and update the curriculum to meet cohort needs with the last full review being Summer 2022.